Friday, January 28, 2011

Another Blog?

I decided to write this blog for a variety of reasons. In the wake of my father's passing, I sense that it will serve as some sort of coping mechanism, a public journal of sorts, for me to get "stuff" off of my chest. The title, "Son to Father, Father to Son" is a signal to its second purpose. I hope to write pieces, thoughts, questions, quieries about fatherhood, from a young black male perspective. Some entries will be questions to my father, questions, that because of his untimely death, i was never able to ask him myself. Some entries, I hope can serve as advice to my sons (I have two) about how to be a good man, a God-fearing man, the man I hope to be. Eventually I hope to engage in some sort of civic discussion, with the people that read this, about our purpose for being here, how we can strive to improve our world and build a community of men (and for that purpose women) that people can count on. I am a teacher by trade, but first and foremost I am somebody's son and somebody else's father. Peace and blessings to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment